Thursday, April 04, 2013

10 Foreign Language Films I Love


I must admit I recently got into foreign language films and they continue to impress me ever so often. Not only are most of those which I have seen well written, but also well acted and usually features a great soundtrack. A lot of foreign language films tend to be slow-paced, but not to the point of total boredom. The characters keep it pretty interesting and action foreign language films tend to be quite riveting and even gorey. Here are my top ten favorite foreign language films that I have seen thus far. Feel free to make some suggestions in the comments section.



10. Amelie (2001)
The most adorable stalker you'll see on your screen.


9. City of God (2002)
Riveting from start to finish.


8. Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
The best horror-fantasy film.


7. Apocalypto (2006)
Mel Gibson's awesome portrayal of the Mayan civilization.


6. The Intouchables (2012)
2012 feel good movie of the year.


5. Aguirre, The Wrath of God (1972)
One of the most haunting adventure and performance you'll ever see.


4. Three Colors: Blue (1993)
So depressingly good.


3. Let The Right One In (2008)
Better love story than Twilight.


2. Rashomon (1950)
This movie highlights human nature and morality in such a clever way.


1. Y Tu Mama Tambien (2001)
Great dialogue, great performances and a great Mexican road trip.


What are your favorite foreign language films?

2 comments:

  1. Good list, a few of these would show up on mine. Here's me top 10:

    1. City of God
    2. Life is Beautiful
    3. A Separation
    4. The Kite Runner
    5. Pan's Labyrinth
    6. Let The Right One In
    7. The Motorcycle Diaries
    8. After The Wedding
    9. Oslo, August 31st
    10. Salaam Bombay! or In The Mood For Love or Rashomon. Can't decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list too. I cant believe I forget to include Life is Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete