Monday, May 06, 2013

Favorite Scenes - Breathless (1960)

"His greatest ambition is to become immortal, then die."


Breathless is one of the pioneers of the French New Wave Era which infused a whole new style into cinema. Directed by Jean-Luc Godard, I didn't quite enjoy this movie as I should have but the ending confrontation scene was one that I found quite funny and awkward at the same time. Here we see the main character Michel (Jean-Paul Belmondo), get shot by the police and still tries to flee. The camera focuses on the character hobbling down the street from a behind angle. I thought this was an interesting and surprising shot and I couldn't help squeezing a few chuckles as I watched.


Michel has been on the run from the police the entire movie and his last moments were spent in an amusing, breathless run down the street. Check out my favorite scene from the movie Breathless.

Scene from the movie Breathless (1960)

No comments:

Post a Comment