Saturday, June 29, 2013

Favorite Scenes - Spring Breakers (2013)

"Spring Break... forever"

Spring Breakers is one of this year's most surprising films - it was so weird in a good way. As I indulged in the film's naughtiness and solid performances, this next scene came up as a bit of a surprise to me. Amidst all its wildness, Spring Breakers was able to produce one of the most beautiful scenes I've ever seen. Rapper/Gangster Alien (James Franco) showed us his soft side when he started singing Britney Spears song "Everytime" along with the girls via piano.

What followed is the actual song playing while we witness Alien and the girls engaged in criminal activities in slow motion. The slow motion really worked with this song playing, along with its dream-like atmosphere. I was left in awe at how soothing and visually pleasing this scene was. Now everytime I hear this Britney Spears song, I'll always remember this particular scene in Spring Breakers and how it warmed my heart - despite what was happening in the scene.



2 comments:

  1. I liked this a lot as well. Didn't like the soundtrack too much though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the Skrillex bits were great too!

      Delete