Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Top 10 Worst Movies of 2013


A movie year isn't complete without a few stinkers that you wish you never watched in the first place. Last year featured a whole lot of underwhelming films but I'm going to highlight the ones that really made me sick. Check them out.


10. A Good Day To Die Hard
The fifth installment of the Die Hard series took a nosedive into mediocrity. The ghost of John McLane wallowed around in this mess. 


9. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
I'm a huge fan of Ben Stiller so I was hugely disappointed at how incoherent and uninteresting this directorial effort turned out to be. Not to mention dumb.


8. After Earth
M. Night Shyamalan has clearly lost his touch. You'd never believe this was the same director who did The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. After Earth features every cliche in the book and some really uninspiring performances.


7.  Texas Chainsaw 3D
I thought the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was mediocre and it was even worse in this followup. Texas Chainsaw 3D features some of the worst writing all year.


6. Movie 43
Movie 43 featured a star-studded cast committing career suicide. The central plot was horrible and the different comedy shorts were all unfunny (well with the exception of one).


5. Touchy Feely
I had absolutely no idea what this movie was about. Lynn Shelton's drama about some weird family completely backfired.


4. Carrie
Carrie is the remake of the 1976 classic of the same name and boy did they destroy it. This seemed more of a mediocre followup to a X-men movie than a movie featuring a withdrawn girl with telekinesis.


3. R.I.P.D
I'm going to confess and say I slightly liked R.I.P.D concept when I watched the trailer but unsurprisingly the movie turned out to be a disaster. Otherwise from its shitty cinematography and visual effects, Jeff Bridges accent was the fucking worst. Ryan Reynolds did what he could but not even he could save this mess.


2. Scary Movie 5
Yeah I think it's time for this franchise to throw in the towel. Completely unfunny, stupid and redundant --- the Spoof era has run its course.


1. Grown Ups 2
I swear Adam Sandler gives zero fucks about movie quality nowadays. His comedies used to be so tolerable and enjoyable but I honestly think he's going through a mid-life crisis and it reflects through his recent films. Grown Ups 2 is the only movie of 2013 that I could not complete because of how really disgusted I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment